B-Mobile is a mobile phone banking service that allows subscribers to use their mobile phones to access their bank account information, receive debit/ credit alerts and statements via SMS; check balances and transactions by browsing a simple mobile enabled website; conduct basic operations via a menu; or transfer funds and pay bills using an application on any GPRS enabled phone.
Services on B-Mobile
- Access banks account(s):
The service allows subscribers to access their bank account balances and transaction details and history.
2. Airtime top up payments:
This service affords subscribers the luxury of topping-up their mobile credit for a number of mobile networks either for themselves or for third parties. A further option provides the functionality to pay for post-paid telephone bills on some mobile networks.
3. Intra and interbank transfers:
B-Mobile has the functionality to transfer funds internally from a subscriber primary account to other accounts as well as from a subscribers account to the account of a non-subscriber
4. Utility Bill and merchant Payments:
Subscribers of B-Mobile would be able to use the platform to pay for the following utility services:
- Postpaid electricity bills from the Ghana Electricity Company Limited
- Water bills from the Ghana Water Company
- DSTV and GO TV bills from Multichoice Ghana limited
- It allows customers the opportunity to view all their transactions and balances
- It is fast, easy and secure way of Paying Merchants.
- This is a unique proposition which saves cost to the customers (instead of contacting a call center).
It improves revenue generations for Merchants on the banks books through loyalty, and cross-selling.